- STEMposium April 1, 2011 in San Francisco
- Sept. 24 2010 Steel Day AISC SteelDay is a national event featuring free networking and educational events for the design and construction community. Steel Day 2010-8 flyer
- 2010 – 2011 Stockmarket Game various start dates SIFMA Foundation for Investor Education – Applies four Math strands 2010-2011 Stock Market Game Dates Flyer
- August 24 Career Cruising Training — The Career Cruising Company will be in Auburn on August 24
from 1:00-4:00 p.m. to conduct a training session for staff members who will be using the career exploration program. From 3:00-4:00 p.m, Michael Brown will be sharing STEM curriculum and other lesson plans with the group.
- Ongoing SMUD offers teacher workshops on solar, math, electric circuits and other STEM topics https://usage.smud.org/ETCstudent/classlist.asp
- 6/16-17/2010 Parallax’s free 2-Day BASIC Stamp Educator’s Course in Rocklin. The BASIC Stamp microcontroller module is a perfect onboard computer for robots and automating student projects. The two day course focuses on writing PBASIC code and interfacing electronic circuits to the BASIC Stamp® module. Day 1 is geared toward material in the What’s a Microcontroller text and Day 2 focuses on Robotics with the Boe-Bot® for a hands on introduction to microcontrollers and robotics. Solar will also be covered, complete with a demonstration, on Day 2. Throughout the class we challenge (and help) instructors write code and customize circuits to achieve different goals. No previous electronics or programming experience is necessary. To sign up, review this flyer Parallax 2010 Syllabus-2day6 16-17 10.
- June 7, 2010 Sierra STEM Academy Hands-on Introduction to Mastercam with Clock Project
- Oct. 2, 2009 Sierra College Career & Tech Ed Exploration Day 9 am to 12:30 pm Bring your students to visit campus and tour our Career & Tech Ed classrooms and laboratories, hear presentations from faculty, watch skill demonstrations and overall, find out more about our excellent CTE programs here at Sierra.
- September 18, 2009 Steel Day at Lancaster Burns Construction, Inc. (lbconstructioninc.com) 9 am to noon – Open House and guided tour of fabrication facility. See process from start to finish. The LB Construction Steel Division has a once acre steel fabrication facility as well as in-house CAD design and engineering services. Steel Day is being held nation- wide by members of the American Institute of Steel Construction. Steelday.org
- May 30 & 31, 2009 The Maker Faire is sponsored by Make Magazine at the San Mateo County Fair Grounds http://makerfaire.com/education/
- July 12-17, 2009 The 7th annual Solar Schoolhouse Summer Institute for Educators. To be held at Walker Creek Ranch near Petaluma. The Institute is open to educators and teachers. Participants will design and build model solar homes, solar cars, cookers, solar fountains… mixed with some solar art. A visit to nearby renewable energy powered organic dairy is also scheduled. http://www.solarschoolhouse.org/ssh/ssh_sie2009.html