The Sierra STEM Community Collaborative coordinated MasterCam Training for high school and college instructors on Monday, June 6, 2011 at Rocklin High School. Dan Frank, Rocklin High School, and Scott Seacrist, Lincoln High School, developed and taught the workshop. In the class, participants worked on computers setting up the instructions and then made aluminum dominoes and butter-board interlinking lego-type blocks.
- “The instructors made it very easy to earn MasterCam.”
- “Understanding 3-D in MasterCam was valuable, especially tool-pathing.”
- “Liked the hands-on approach and the flash drive is valuable for future reference.”
- “It was a good combination of instruction and practice.”
- “The projects can be easily adapted to my classroom.”
- “Networking, project ideas and an increased understanding of MasterCam were valuable.”